AchieversNews(21/04/2021): Amidst the resurge in COVID-19 cases in Odisha, five more persons in the state succumbed to the virus in the last 24 hours. With this, the total number of casualties due to the virus surged to 1958. Of the total fresh deaths, two belonged to hotspot district Nuapada. “Regret to inform the demise of five numbers of COVID positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” informed the Health and Family Welfare Department.
Here’re details of the fresh cases:
- A 73-year-old female of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetic Mellitus, Hypertension & Hypothyroidism.
- A 55-year-old male of Mayurbhanj who was also suffering from Hypertension.
- A 66-year-old male of Nuapada district who was also suffering from Diabetic Mellitus.
- A 55-year-old male of Nuapada district.
- A 40-year-old female of Sundargarh district.