Achievers News(1/06/2021): As many as 17 more persons died of COVID-19 in Odisha as the toll in the state mounted to 2121.
The deceased have been identified as:
1. A 68 years old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Post Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty, Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension & Chronic Kidney Disease.
2. A 51 years old male of Bhubaneswar.
3. A 38 years old male of Bhubaneswar.
4. A 40 years old male of Balasore district.
5. A 44 years old male of Balasore district.
6. A 40 years old female of Boudh district.
7. A 70 years old male of Deogarh district.
8. A 57 years old male of Jharsuguda district who was also suffering from Obesity.
9. A 60 years old male of Khurda district.
10. A 75 years old male of Keonjhar district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus.
11. A 38 years old male of Kalahandi district.
12. A 40 years old male of Malkangiri.
13. A 63 years old male of Malkangiri district who expired due to diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Cerebrovascular accident & Coronary Artery Disease.
14. A 50 years old male of Nayagarh district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease.
15. A 58 years old female of Rayagada district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
16. A 37 years old male of Sambalpur district.
17. A 56 years old male of Sundargarh district.
As many as 10521 new COVID-19 cases were detected in Odisha in the last 24 hours as the state reported its highest-ever surge in fresh infections.
Khurda registered highest number of cases as 1477 more persons in the district contracted the virus, followed by Sundargarh (1186) and Cuttack (963). A total of 48314 samples were tested in the state, yesterday.