Bhubaneswar: After being closed for months due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Nandankanan Zoological Park and State Botanical Garden in Bhubaneswar reopened for visitors on Tuesday.
The zoo authorities have asked all staff members and visitors to follow Covid-appropriate behaviour. The following decisions are taken for the safety and well-being of visitors and employees as a top priority.
1. Zoo will take measures to ensure the safety of visitors, employees and animals.
2. The visitors allowed for entry into the zoo should not have cough, cold or fever symptoms. They should undergo body temperature scanning at entry gate.
3. E- ticket booking should be preferred over manual ticket booking and collection for contact less transaction.
4. For everyone’s health, all adults and children of seven years of age and older must have a mask or facial covering that covers the nose and mouth will be allowed to enter to zoo.
5. All visitors should pass through the medicated foot mat/ whole body sanitizer/ any such installations fixed at the zoo entrance. They should avoid carrying luggage’s, which needs kept in locker/ cloak room facility.
6. Visitors should maintain social distance on the zoo premises and avoid touching barricades and other surfaces. They should move along the designated visitor path only.
7. Additional cleaning and disinfection measures of all facilities, especially elements that are touched frequently to be ensured by the zoo management. Provisions of hand sanitizer and/or hand wash to be given at multiple designated places.
8. Visitors must not spit nor chew pan masala, gutka or khaini. Violating which a fine up to Rs 500/- and expulsion from zoo campus will be affected.
9. Spaces shall clearly mark on the ground to indicate safe distance where queues might form e.g. entry gate. Bathroom access, indoor/walk through exhibits areas in the zoo.
10. The maximum number of visitor’s entry at a time to aquarium and nocturnal house is restricted to 06 no’s and for Walk through Aviary is 10 nos.
11. Interaction between visitor and zoo staff should be minimal and with ensuring social distance norms. The staff frequently interacting with visitors e.g. staff at entry gate, ticket counter, toilet will wear face shield, globes and mask.
12. Operationalization of Parking, Safaris, Boating and BOVs services will be decided later.
13. Same guideline to be followed for visitor’s entry to State Botanical Garden, Nandankanan. Picnic is not allowed till further order keeping in view of COVID restrictions & norms.
14. All the visitors & employees are requested to follow COVID appropriate behaviours strictly inside the Nandankanan Zoo & State Botanical Garden premises.